As I mentioned in the August market update, the busy holiday season generally results in a deceleration of the real estate market. The following snapshot illustrates this theory as September takes a plunge in total monthly sales. However, the industry continues to outperform itself compared to the past two years and as a result, we have remained busy here at TM5 Properties. With this being said, if you are considering putting your home on the market, make sure you are taking advantage of these last few months of the year by making repairs around the house, getting rid of extra clutter and even connecting with a realtor. If you are considering selling your home, please contact me for a free evaluation of your property!
Snapshot of September 2013 Real Estate Market: September 2012 vs September 2013
- $35,220,141 – Total monthly sales, 24% more sales than in September 2012
- $189,356 – Monthly average price of single sale, 1% lower than average in September 2012
- 186 – Individual units sold, 25% more units sold than in September 2012
- 121 – Homes sold between $100,000 and $250,000, 29% more sold than in September 2012
- 24 – Homes sold between $250,000 and $500,000, 14% less than sold in September 2012