Can you believe it’s already back to school time? The summer seemed to fly by! I know there are many strong emotions going into this school year, but I hope we can all remember to be kind to each and have grace towards one another. This is a difficult time for everyone! With that said, I wanted to provide access to the plans for BISD and CSISD for this school year. For BISD you have until August 3rd to select a plan and for CSISD you have until July 30th to select a plan.
For Bryan Independent School District, they are offering:
- On-campus learning- A face-to-face learning experience taking place on campus while following all safety recommendations by the Texas Department of State Health Services, the Texas Education Agency, and the Brazos County Health District.
- At-home learning- An online learning experience taking place at home through Schoology with Bryan ISD teachers & curriculum.
- Hybrid learning- A combination learning option for grades 7-12 where most core classes take place online. Some fine arts, athletics, electives & other classes requiring on-campus learning (like labs or welding) take place at campuses.
For College Station Independent School District, they are offering:
- On-site learning / At-home learning (if necessary) - In the on-site learning model, students will attend class in the school building. If schools or classrooms are forced to close due to spread of COVID-19, students in on-site learning would shift to at-home learning until they are able to return. If the need to shift from on-site to at-home learning should arise, it will mirror the virtual learning model.
- Virtual learning - Parents who do not feel safe sending their children to school can opt to have them learn in a virtual environment.
Remember, any of this information can change, but this is the current plan. Also, to the parents and teachers out there I hope you realize you’re doing your best. I can’t imagine being in the situation you are in, so remember to cut yourself some slack as well. Lean on others if needed! I’m happy to help in any way if I can. One thing I can definitely help with is get your home sold. Often times, people wonder why their home isn’t selling. Here are a few reasons:
- Price- It is so important to price your home right. If it’s over priced you will miss some of your target audience when it hits the market. The longer it sits, the more buyers will think something is wrong with it. This most likely will lead to low ball offers or no offers. You don’t want to sell the competition which is exactly what you do when it’s over priced.
- Condition- Is your home well-maintained or does it have a lot of wear and tear? This is important to consider when selling your home. Think of paint, scuffs, holes in the walls, and broken items. It is important to fix these issues or take them in account with the price.
- Online presence- In this day in age, the odds of a buyer seeing your home online before in person is very high. You want to make sure your home shows well online! This means having professional photos, descriptions on the photos, and as much information about the home as you can put.
- Doesn’t show well- This can be an easy fix! As a seller, make sure you are not at the home when it is being shown. Also, your home needs to be clean. It doesn’t need to be pristine, but buyers don’t want to see your clothes on the floor and dirty dishes lying around. Having lights on helps as well as having the A/C or heat set at a reasonable temperature. You want the buyer to feel comfortable and be able to see themselves in your home.
If you are using an experienced REALTOR®, we will help you with all these steps and more. It is very important to hire a qualified REALTOR® because we will know what it takes to put your best foot forward and get your home sold. I’d love to be considered if you are looking to hire a knowledgeable REALTOR®. I offer FREE CMA’s (Comparable Market Analysis) to help you know the value of your home before you decide to sell. Contact me at 512-202-9001 or email@example.com to discuss. I’m happy to help in any way I can, just let me know what I can do for you. Have a great start to August and the school year!Posted by Kristin Strother on