Can you believe it is already February? That got here fast! With that said, it is the perfect time to plan for Valentine’s Day and to start to declutter your home. Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays truly because it is about love. The thing is love can be expressed towards everyone! It is a perfect holiday to remind yourself to be kind to yourself, friends, family, and even strangers. Here are some ideas for gifts and things to do whether it’s for yourself, friend, or significant other:
Chocolate covered strawberries and flowers from The Farm Patch:
https://www.thefarmpatch.com/#the-farm-patch, (979) 822-7209
Painting of your pet from Brush and Blossom:
A welcome mat from Atlas Belle Studio:
Brownie/Cookie mug mix with stuffed monkey from naturallYummally:
Events just for the girls:
Ladies night with Pure Romance Products and Lingerie hosted by Bea Garcia for free:
February 3rd at Bea’s home located at 2504 Wayside Dr Bryan, TX 77802 from 6:30 pm- 8:00 pm *18 years and older*
Valentine's Day Class with Busha's Cookies and Atlas Belle Studio for $75:
February 14th at Suites on 6 4040 Hwy 6 #200 College Station, TX 77845 from 6:00 pm- 10:00 pm.
Link for event: https://www.facebook.com/events/488124025447240/
Galentine’s Day- Century Square hosted by Galleria Spa Salon Boutique for free:
February 12th at Galleria Spa Salon Boutique 175 Century Square Dr. #101 College Station, Texas 77840 from 4:00 pm- 7:00 pm
Link for event: https://www.facebook.com/events/466537657332315/?active_tab=about
A single massage, couples massage, or a monthly special- White Elm Day Spa, ask for massage therapist Liz Manzano:
https://www.whiteelmdayspa.com/monthly-specials-2, email@example.com ,979-575-9292
Signature Brow Design and Expert Brazilian Wax- Kendra Renee Holistic Skin Nutrition & Expert Waxing
The Stella Hotel- https://www.thestellahotel.com/promotions
Homewood Suites- https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/cllhwhw-homewood-suites-college-station/
7F Lodge- https://7flodge.com/
Astin Mansion Dinner and Tour- https://astinmansion.ticketspice.com/valentines
The Republic- https://www.therepublicsteakhouse.com/
It is important to declutter your home every so often. After Christmas, we usually acquire new kids’ toys, clothes, and home décor. This is a good time to go through and get rid of excess items lingering from Christmas or over the years. Here are a few tips:
- Start in bit size pieces. It helps to do it one room and one section at a time or it can be overwhelming. Sometimes I even start with one drawer at a time.
- Ask yourself what haven’t I used often? What has just collected dust over the years? My rule is if I won’t notice it’s gone for a long time, get rid of it.
- Try to have a “home” for everything.
- Get a friend’s opinion. They aren’t looking at it every day like you are.
- Storage bins are a great way to store many things in an organized manner.
- Write it into your schedule or you won’t do it. We live in a time where we are constantly going. You need to set aside time for this on your schedule.
Places to donate:
- Goodwill- 2600 Texas Ave Bryan, TX 77802 or 2704 Texas Ave S #3 College Station, TX 77840
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore- 2211 Maloney Ave Bryan, TX 77801
- Salvation Army- 2506 Cavitt Ave Bryan, TX 77801
- St Vincent De Paul Thrift Store- 300 N Main St Bryan, TX 77803
It is always great to declutter, but especially before listing your home. It is crucial! I hope you enjoy your Valentine’s Day and find these tips helpful. Remember, Valentine’s Day isn’t just for couples. As always, if you have any real estate questions or Bryan/College Station questions I’m happy to help. Enjoy!