For this month, my blog will be a little different with all that is going on at this time. As you know, the Coronavirus is spreading throughout the world. It is important to not panic, but take precautions seriously. There are many ways you can help, even with these precautions. Let’s stick together as a community and help each other. Here are a few ways to help:
- Donate blood by appointment.
- Buy gift cards or order to-go from locally owned restaurants.
- Stay home if you do not truly need to go out.
- Make masks for hospitals.
- Do a mental health check (virtually) on your friends, family, and neighbors.
- If you have to go out, think before you touch and follow the 6 feet apart rule.
In our community of Bryan/College Station and many others, real estate is deemed essential which is good news. You are still able to sell and buy during this time, we are just handling it differently. Here are some things to take note of:
- Showings- The majority of showings are virtual. We are doing showings via Facetime or with a video of the property. If you are seeing a property in person, we ask to stay 6 feet away and don’t touch anything. We are opening doors with wipes and using wipes on light switches.
- Loans- Government insured loans such as FHA or VA are a little harder to get approved for compared to normal. We’re seeing some low credit scores that at one point would get approved now being rejected. It seems the government is being pickier. A good lender would have more details on this one. I have preferred lenders I can send upon request.
- Locking Your Rate- Interest rates have seen historic low rates, but they are still bouncing up and down. It’s so important to have a good lender, but the most important part is to lock in your rate. If it’s not locked, your rate can change.
- Appraisers, Surveyors, etc- They are still able to go out as of now because like us, they are deemed essential. However, we have noticed it taking a little longer than normal for them to get out or get the information back.
- Closings- Most closings we are not attending to be extra cautious. Only the escrow officers and parties involved in signing are attending closings. They are also able to do mailout closings.
I hope this can help put your mind at ease. It is a difficult time for many, so it is important to reach out if you need help and also help others in need. It is crucial to stay informed and safe. This is the time to lean on each other! I’m happy to help you with your real estate needs, but also any of your needs. You can lean on me! Have a happy and safe Easter! Remember, He’s the reason for the season and He will get us through. “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”-John 8:12